Included on this page are highlights from our policies and procedures. The 2019-2020 Bond Hill Student Handbook includes more detail on each of these items.
As a reminder, our hours are:
- School Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
To report an absent child, call the school office or email us using this Absence Reporting Form.
Student behavior that distracts bus drivers is a hazard to the vehicle's safe operation, and jeopardizes the safety and welfare of all passengers. Misbehavior while on a yellow school bus or a Metro bus can result in disciplinary action for the student or the suspension of transportation service for the student. Read more about our requirements for student behavior on buses.
Review CPS' Code of Conduct for disciplinary procedures.
Students who attend Bond Hill Academcy are required to dress in their school uniform every day. Pre-K-6 Uniform Dress Code begins the first day of school. All students are expected to be in uniform. Uniform assistance is available; please request eligibility guidelines in the school office.
- Tops should be blue or white
- Style should be polo, oxford or turtleneck
- Only logo permitted is Bond Hill Academy insignia
- All shirts should be tucked in.
- Navy, gold, or white cardigans, pull-overs or vests without logos unless it is Bond Hill Insignia
- Dark blue/navy or khaki/tan uniform style dress pants
- Females may wear skirts, skort and jumpers as well as pants. Leggings should be uniform colors without print.
- Weather permitting students may wear knee length shorts.
- Jeans are only permitted on special occasions as directed by the Principal. Notice will be sent home prior to the date jeans are allowed.
- Belts without logos are required for pants, skirts or skorts as needed for proper fit.
- No headgear including, but not limited to, scarves, hats, rags or wraps, except school approved
Snow Days and School Delays
Snow days and school delays are announced on our website, local TV and radio stations, CPS' mobile app, and through automated phone calls. Assume school is open unless you hear otherwise. Learn more about CPS' severe weather and emergency closing procedures.
The Bond Hill Academy Student Handbook details our policies and procedures.
Visiting During School Hours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians. However, to protect student safety, all visitors must sign in at the main office and wear a visitor's badge. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.