Ohio Revised Science Education Standards and Model Curriculum
Ohio’s student-centered goals for science education include helping students:
- Experience excitement, interest and motivation to learn about phenomena in the natural and physical world.
- Come to generate, understand, remember and use concepts, explanations, arguments, models and facts related to science.
- Manipulate, test, explore, predict, question, observe and make sense of the natural and physical world.
- Reflect on science as a way of knowing; on processes, concepts and institutions of science; and on their own process of learning about phenomena.
- Participate in scientific activities and learning practices with others, using scientific language and tools.
- Think about themselves as science learners and develop an identity as someone who knows about, uses and sometimes contributes to science.