|Be Your Best|
Bond Hill Academy News & Events
Did you know that CPS staff, students (grades 4-12) and employees have the opportunity utilize a premium online language learning program FOR FREE? Rosetta Stone pioneered the use of interactive software for learning languages and is an incredibly useful tool for anyone interested in learning another language. Click on the picture below to read more about how to get your own FREE Rosetta Stone account through CPS.
High School Applications
ATTENTION 6TH GRADE PARENTS: The high school application period opened yesterday. In order to have a say in where your child attends high school you or your child must complete an online application. The deadline to complete this process is Friday, March 4th. Please click on the link below for more information and instructions on how to sign your child up!
Is your child interested in a specific career field or are you looking for a school that offers your child's favorite sport or activity? Make sure to review the CPS High School Guide to see what extracurricular activities, programs, languages, clubs, etc. each high school offers.
How to help your students succeed in school and during testing season
Are you children ready for testing? Help your students do their best:
The night before:
- Help your child get to bed on time. Research shows that being well-rested helps students do better.
- Keep your routine as normal as possible. Upsetting natural routines may make children feel insecure.
- Mention the test to show that you are interested, but don't dwell on it.
- Plan ahead to avoid conflicts on the morning of the test.
The morning of the test:
- Get up early to avoid rushing. Be sure to have your child at school on time.
- Have your child eat a good breakfast, Bond Hill offers a free satisfying breakfast every morning! Research shows that students do better if they have breakfast before they take tests.
- Be positive about the test. Acknowledge that tests can be hard and that they're designed so that no one will know all of the answers. Explain that doing your best is what counts. The important thing is to make your child feel comfortable and confident about the test.
It is finally starting to feel like winter in Cincinnati, along with the cold weather comes the chance of snow days, cold-weather days and delays.
When severe weather is predicted, parents should check the
CPS website, www.cps-k12.org, or local television
and radio stations, for announcements about school closings or delays. Alerts
also are available on the CPS mobile app. The most complete, detailed information
is available on the district website, including answers to Frequently Asked
Questions about the procedure.
Two-Hour Delay Procedure (applies to elementary schools only)
- Yellow buses (which transport elementary school students only) will pick up students at morning bus stops two hours later than normal.
- Students who are driven to school by parents should try to arrive at schools as near to normal times as possible. Walkers should arrive as near to normal times as possible, weather conditions permitting. School staff will be in the buildings at regularly scheduled start times to supervise students. No new material will be covered; teachers will use this opportunity for review and enrichment.
- No preschool bus service will be available.
- Afternoon dismissal will occur at each elementary school's normal time.
Does your child eat breakfast with us?
Research shows that regularly eating breakfast can have significant positive implications for student behavior, academic achievement and school learning environments. At Bond Hill Academy we aim to provide our students with an outstanding learning environment, therefore, providing access to a free breakfast for every student is a crucial.
Children who eat school breakfast are more likely to:
- Reach higher levels of achievement in reading and math
- Concentrate better
- Be more alert
- Retain more of what they learn
- Participate in class
- Less likely to be overweight
School breakfast is also associated with:
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced tardiness
- Reduced behavior problems
- Reduced nurse’s office visits
- Increased standardized test achievement scores
- Higher grades
- Positive learning environments